Does the gap between your teeth and chipped teeth bother you a lot? Why not go for dental veneers? Clueless what dental veneers are? Don’t worry! We got you covered. To know more about dental veneers, here are some frequently asked questions and answers for you.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are custom-made, thin shells made from tooth-colored materials. They are bonded to the surface of teeth in order to enhance their appearance.
What issues can dental veneers fix?
Dental veneers can fix various dental problems. This includes:
- Discolored teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Misaligned, irregularly-shaped, or uneven teeth
- Gapped or spaced teeth
- Worn-down teeth
Do dental veneers require special care?
Dental veneers do not necessarily require any special care. However, good oral hygiene must be practiced and make sure to see the dentist regularly in order to ensure the condition of the mouth and prevent any problems. Good oral hygiene habits include brushing the teeth at least twice a day, flossing daily, and rinsing the mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash.
Does the procedure of getting a dental veneer hurt?
Usually, patients are numbed so that they won’t feel any pain during the entire procedure. For cases wherein two or more veneers are involved, there will be little or no discomfort at all after the numbness subsides. However, for cases wherein eight or more veneers are involved, patients should expect some soreness of the gums and possibly the jaw. The soreness experienced are usually managed with over the counter medications.
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
Dental veneers can provide patients the following advantages, which includes:
- Gum tissue can tolerate the veneers well, so patients won’t have to worry about their gums being irritated or harmed.
- Dental veneers are known to be resistant to stains.
- They provide a natural tooth appearance
- The color of dental veneers can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter, concealing the unattractive dental flaw
- Dental veneers offer a more conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape. Dental veneers do not require the need for extensive shaping, unlike dental crowns. However, they offer a stronger and more beautiful result.
Bring out your best smile with Dental Veneers in Woodridge, IL, book your appointments with Woodgrove Family Dentists! Contact us so that you will experience outstanding results to make your teeth naturally beautiful and healthy.